Tech Talent Link
Compensation: 70.0 USD – 75.0 USD / Hour
***We are unable to work with 3rd-party or corp-to-corp candidates for this position***
As a TechOps Project Manager, you’ll be responsible for leading local and remote teams on projects and other business initiatives in partnership with key stakeholders that support organizational and departmental goals and strategic initiatives. You’ll be responsible for managing complex technology and application projects through the entire project life-cycle and own the responsibility for ensuring the successful outcome of the projects within defined cost, schedule, and performance boundaries.
You’ll conduct productive meetings, manage client expectations and communications from the C-level to individual contributors, adapt plans to respond to changing business priorities, monitor projects and take appropriate action when goals are not being met, follow up with clients to make sure that results meet or exceed expectations and monitor project costs to stay within budget.
- Actively manage complex, cross functional projects in a software development setting.
- Translates purpose and vision of projects into clear goals for stakeholders; ensures all stakeholders are on board and projects are moving in the right direction.
- Creates and uses project plans detailing each phase/task of the project. Includes clear milestones and assignment of project task responsibilities. Accountable to accurately forecast results.
- Determines scope, time requirements and allocation of available resources to phases of each project. Drives on-time, on-budget and quality execution of all implementation projects.
- Ensures that project documentation is regularly updated.
- Leads and document project meetings, communicating progress to internal and external stakeholders.
- Gathers data and analyzes metrics & trends to evaluate success of overall project.
- Applies risk and issue management to mitigate or remove barriers to project success.
- Manages day to day execution of project implementations.
- Demonstrates effective communication skills. Proactively communicates with customers, project teams and leadership.
- Continuously drives process improvement. Communicates with project team on learnings, challenges, and customer feedback to support continuous process improvement.
Job Qualifications & Competencies
- 5+ years of Project Management experience in the IT/Technology and Applications field.
- Consideration given to PMI PMP certification in project management or equivalent.
- A thorough understanding of Project Life Cycle management.
- Experience managing technology projects with a base comprehension of networking, servers, clients, operating systems, virtualization, containers, storage, backups, disaster recovery, SaaS, data center implementations & operations.
- Experience with public or private Cloud implementations a plus.
- A base comprehension and respect for Cyber Security principles and protection concepts.
- Successful project management experience of highly complex and highly visible cross functional projects involving change management within a fast-paced, global, and dynamic organization.
- Demonstrated understanding of project governance and project management methodologies and experience in strategic planning, risk management and change management.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products (including MS Project), modern PPMIS and Project Collaboration software (e.g., Planview Enterprise, ServiceNow PPM, Clarizen, Smartsheet, etc.) preferred.
- Experienced and comfortable with modern collaboration technology and tools (e.g., MS Teams, SharePoint, Slack, Zoom, etc.).
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed