Tech Talent Link
- Our fast-growing renewable energy client will be hiring a Technical Support Engineer to join their Installation & Commissioning Operations team.
- Work in a lab, communicate with Electrical Engineers and report to a Director of System Operations.
- Knowledge of Battery engineering or Electrical Engineering and strong trouble-shooting skills via email and phone are critical.
- 6 month Contract expectation with potential to extend or convert to full time.
- Tentative work hours: 6:00am to 2:30pm or 2:00pm to 10:30pm.
**We are not able to use 3rd parties or C2C candidates**
- Remote installation, commissioning, and test support on rapidly growing global projects in new markets.
- Primarily support internal and external customers, schedule maintenance, and trouble-shoot issues.
- Analyze monitors for 2-3 hours per day.
- Collaborate with internal Software and Firmware teams (via MS Teams and Slack) when issues come up with customers, find solutions, and occasionally write a report for customers.
- Monitor, operate the system according to procedures, bid/offer and participate on ISO markets, and fulfill obligations of bilateral agreements to maximize availability/revenue.
- Maintain monitoring logs and reports concerning operations, maintenance performed, outages, changes in operating status, inspections, and any other significant events.
- Coordinate with the ISO, local utilities, customers, ASPs, and other stakeholders to meet requirements, strengthen relationships, and provide maintenance support.
- Schedule and coordinate routine inspection and preventive maintenance for global projects.
- Manage unscheduled services and emergency response
- Provide monitoring, reporting, and recommendations for product improvement.
- Track and manage spare part inventory and service costs
- Overtime/on-call will be required with notice.
- 1 year of professional experience as a Tech Support Engineer or relevant internship.
- Knowledge of Battery engineering or BSEE.
- Voltage and Current knowledge is important.
- Trouble-shooting skills via email and phone are critical.
- Problem-solving mentality
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed