Tech Talent Link
***We are unable to work with 3rd-party or corp-to-corp candidates for this position. This position can be performed 100% remotely***
As a Technical & Competitive Marketing Engineer for our full solution portfolio, you will play a key role in providing detailed technical and competitive information to our customers, partners, sales and BDR teams, and our internal employees. You will use your domain expertise in cloud cybersecurity, SaaS technologies, and compliance – and strong technical acumen – to deliver relevant, articulate, and up-to-date technical and competitive content that supports marketing, product management, sales, and sales engineering organizations. You will work with our innovative technology and teams to redefine the future of cloud security and compliance automation, while also working to support strategic partners like AWS and Azure.
You are someone who is highly technical, understands cloud and enterprise security technologies, as well as the complex world of cloud eco-systems, CSPs, and integrations. You enjoy working with key stakeholders from sales, marketing, development (DevOps), SecOps, product management, and sales, while also developing and delivering technical and competitive training for our Sales Engineers.
Focus and Impact
- Develop a deep understanding of company Cloud Security and Compliance Automation Solutions
- Maintain a competitive information repository and keep competitor information up to date
- Collaborate with a variety of teams including product marketing, product management, and sales teams to analyze and identify competitive products strengths, weaknesses, and differentiators
- Build out and maintain a technical marketing solutions lab and demo
- Provide product expertise on company solutions and related industry vendors
- Gather and document technical information for the company and related industry vendors
- Build sales enablement collateral and support sales enablement activities
- Partner with Product Marketing on customer-facing content development
- Support industry analyst relations activities
- Support key outbound programs, including CloudStart and VideoCast Demo Series
- Own and drive technical marketing and go-to-market activities for our Compliance Automation Platform and SecureCloud Service.
- Conceptualize customer pain points, business value, and build compelling demos for the product
- Create collateral such as technical white papers, blogs, presentations, and videos
- Understand the competitive landscape and build competitive analysis to support sales and marketing efforts
- Speak in meetups, panels and public events
This successful candidate will have 7+ years of related industry experience in technical marketing. Expertise across the cybersecurity, cloud, compliance, and SaaS landscape and how organizations purchase and deploy cloud security SaaS solutions. Strong writing and oral communication skills are mandatory. Candidates with high energy, a responsive attitude, who thrive in a changing environment, and a desire for success will be given preference. This job may require up to 25 percent travel.
- Background in Enterprise Security, Cloud Security, SaaS, network security and cloud service providers a must
- Seven or more years recent experience in technical marketing, sales engineering, and or customer-facing support roles
- Seven or more years of technical expertise in cybersecurity SaaS and cloud technologies
- Experience with security tools, technology, and best practices
- Experience working in a collaborative, multi-functional environment
- Experience building technical product content – such as whitepapers, demos, reference architectures, and competitive materials
- Ability to ramp up in learning the portfolio of company products, services, and intelligence
- Ability to efficiently gather technical product information from open sources
- Experience working with competitive intel tools (e.g., Crayon, Klue, Kompyte, CompleteIQ, Clozd, External Insights, etc.) is preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and manage multiple priorities and projects
- Demonstrated ability to develop strong productive relationships with sales, product marketing, and product management
- Excellent people and management skills to interact with peers, management, cross-functional teams and third parties
- Team player with a positive, can-do attitude
- Experience working in high growth startup environment.
- Bachelor’s degree required
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed