Tech Talent Link
Our client will be hiring a Systems Administrator with Linux and Windows server administration experience.
This is an exempt position. Hours of the position are Monday through Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM with availability after normal business hours as part of an on-call rotation.
***We are unable to work with 3rd-party or corp-to-corp candidates for this position***
- Primary support for Linux systems running Apache.
- Secondary support for Microsoft Windows server systems.
- Administration of server and workstation infrastructure to adhere to information security policies.
- Monitor and troubleshoot system performance.
- Administration of Microsoft systems including Exchange, SharePoint, and SQL server.
- Responsible for security patches, system backups, software updates, and policy enforcement.
- Enforce policies through Active Directory Group Policy and other tools.
- May be assigned problem resolution responsibility for advanced technical issues escalated from Help Desk.
- Diagnose and repair system problems as second tier technical support.
- Backup support engineer on firewalls and network infrastructure.
- Perform additional duties and responsibilities as required.
- Minimum of 3 years managing Windows & Linux servers
- Familiarity with installing and managing Windows & Linux systems in support of business applications.
- Experience with VMware.
- Working knowledge of networking, firewalls, MS Office applications and administrative tools.
- Experience working on a team and/or leading team projects.
- Experience managing multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server, Ubuntu Linux, and Apache.
- TLS certificate management on Windows, Apache, and Linux.
- Active Directory management including Group Policies.
- Familiar with advanced Data Center concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Strong troubleshooting, communication, and interpersonal skills.
The work is of an intellectual nature. While performing the functions of this job, the employee is required to stand and sit for prolonged periods. Specific vision abilities required include close and medium distance vision and the ability to adjust focus. Must be able to hear normal sounds, distinguish sound as voice and communicate through human speech. This position requires the ability to operate a keyboard, computer mouse, telephone, fax, copier, writing tools, and other standard office equipment. On an occasion, an employee will be asked to lift items weighing up to 35 lbs.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed