Tech Talent Link
Our client will be hiring a Senior-level VoIP Engineer to join their growing team.
We are looking for experience and knowledge with SIP set up and troubleshooting, WebRTC, SDP, ACD, call center support, and solving voice and network issues with Wireshark and scripting in Ruby or Python.
***We are unable to work with 3rd-party or corp-to-corp candidates for this position***
**100% REMOTE (US candidates only)**
Expect to work collaboratively with the Telephony Systems Architect. Support a call center with 500+ agents. This position is part of the Systems Operations team and execute strategy for their Voice systems.
We’re seeking somebody highly motivated, to take hands-on responsibility for implementing and supporting solutions for VoIP, IP, and other business-critical voice and data services and systems.
In this role you will be responsible for providing telephony systems support and assistance. You will play a key role in the day-to-day telecom operations, requiring demonstrated troubleshooting ability. This position requires a quick study with a strong work ethic. The ability to document processes clearly is of extreme importance. Expect to work closely other members of the implementation and/or operations engineering team.
How can you add the most value in the first couple months? Get familiar with existing systems and understand what we do and why we do it.
1. Diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve hardware, software, or other system issues, replacing equipment when necessary
2. Install, configure, and maintain SBC’s, media servers, call control servers
3. Assist with platform upgrades
4. An escalation points for telephony related Product and Support
5. Assist with design and implementation of feature requests/integrations Plan, design, install, troubleshoot, repair, and maintain VoIP systems and equipment
6. Optimize call routing to support large scale distributed call center operations.
7. Test, turn up, and support SIP trunks, PRI's and voice gateways
8. Upcoming projects include selecting a new ACD (Automatic Call Distribution) system next year.
KEY SUCCESS INDICATORS
• Be able to take concepts from various business units and execute them
• Assist with developing and automating processes and procedures
• Ability to work collaboratively with others to solve problems, handle requests, customers issuers, etc. with strong written and verbal communication
• Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects while maintaining timelines
• Independent thinker with a customer focused approach
• Strong knowledge of telephony and customer support systems technology
• 7+ years VoIP Engineer with scripting or Network Engineering background
• Experience in the design, deployment and support of large, distributed contact center/office phone environments
• Experience with SIP set up and troubleshooting
• 2+ years of experience troubleshooting voice and network issues with Wireshark
• Experience supporting call centers
• In depth knowledge of SDP.
• ACD queuing and skills-based routing
• Scripting capabilities with Python and/or Powershell
• Experience with WebRTC
• Multi-vendor VoIP experience
• Experience with the Genesys PureConnect (formerly Interactive Intelligence) platform
• Experience installing and configuring SBCs (inGate and AudioCodes)
• Experience with LAN/WAN technologies and QOS design & implementation
• Basic Windows Server and Linux administration
• Experience supporting voip over multiple locations
• Experience supporting enterprise soft phones
• Knowledge of Ethernet cabling standards
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed