Tech Talent Link
We are seeking a highly motivated and capable software engineer with extensive experience to support development and ongoing maintenance of the company’s external and internal web applications. In addition to other engineers, this position will work closely with project management, development leads & QA, helping to design and then implement software solutions integral to our current & future engineering roadmaps.
The Senior Software Engineer will be responsible for defining, creating, developing, implementing, testing, deploying and running software that supports the company’s internal products. The software you create will be used in both customer-facing websites as well as applications internal to the company. Applicants will be working on a fast-paced team; therefore, being able to share and integrate code with others is crucial.
The role requires experience with full stack development (front-end, platform and database) with emphasis on web front-end development. You will develop on technology stack built with C#/Java/Play Framework/PostgreSQL/Parquet/various Azure services.
- B.S. in Computer Science
- 6+ years of relevant experience, e.g. creating and maintaining complex software using modern methodologies
- Extensive experience with a strongly typed object-oriented language such as Java or C#
- Experience with relational databases, e.g. Postgres
- Experience with web services, RESTful APIs
- Ability to work in Linux environments
- Experience writing automated unit tests (JUnit, TestNG etc.)
- Familiarity with standard software development best practices: source code control, unit testing, in-code documentation and automated build environments
- Superior communication skills in a highly diverse cross-discipline environment
- Working with or developing machine learning algorithms
- Open source contributions
- Experience with functional programming languages such as Scala
- Building applications with the Play! Framework
- Experience with cloud-based IaaS environments such as AWS, Azure
- Big data processing experience and familiarity with Parquet file format
- Mentoring other developers
- Working alongside QA teams or employees
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed