Tech Talent Link
Our client will be hiring a Sr Construction Project Manager with experience in electric power sector or power generation industry with both union and nonunion workers.
This company has grown from 40 employees to 100+ in the past 12 months!
- Oversee scope, schedule, and budget from project inception through commercial operation for multiple projects in various stages at the same time
- Manage RFIs, change orders, and project close-out
- Manage communications and reporting between customers, EPC contractors, project engineers, as well as internal employees.
- Monitor construction progress and resolve problems that may arise
- Conduct regular site visits to ensure that work is proceeding according to plan and is compliant with health & safety and quality control requirements
- Work with PMO in budget tracking and approving and submitting invoices
- Work with PMO and Sales teams to develop project execution plans and budgets
- Work with Purchasing to develop Master Service Agreements (MSA) with construction service providers
- Analyze and manage project risks.
- Negotiate with external vendors and contractors on contract agreements
- Hire contractors and staff including construction laborers and manage staff respectively.
- 5+ years managing construction projects in the electric power sector or power generation industry with both union and nonunion workers
- Strong understanding of construction management principles, safety and OSHA standards, and contract and vendor management
- Experience collaborating with on-site staff, inspectors, engineers, subcontractors, and customers to ensure completion of tasks
- Willingness to either temporarily relocate or travel as required to personally oversee construction at the project site
- BSc/BA degree in Architecture, Building Science, Engineering, Construction Management
- PMP or an equivalent certification is considered an asset
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite
- Excellent conflict resolution and communication skills both with internal and external stakeholders
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed