Tech Talent Link
**We are unable to work with 3rd party or corp-to-corp candidates for this position***
We are seeking contractor services in the area of solution architecture consulting, guidance and technical governance, providing technical leadership to complete the enterprise DevSecOps standardization, DevSecOps pipeline tool set implementation and Enterprise Integration Platform/governance framework set up.
The main goal of company IT&S Enterprise Foundational projects is to establish foundational capabilities to enable digital transformation in the cloud. DevSecOps and Enterprise Integration Platform are two key foundational capabilities to create standardized enablement of development and deployment of solutions. In this role, solution architect in the capacity as Enterprise Application architect will ensure that the technical goals are met by shepherding the design, governance, and quality assurance of architectural deliverables. These projects are pre-requisite to the ERP upgrade program and require a priority focus.
The other part of the role would cover responsibilities to provide solution architect consulting, guidance, and governance to projects in flight with focus on application architecture while supporting the project goals of achieving business goals. Few examples of projects in flight are implementing solutions like SAP SuccessFactors, Planview, and geospatial IQGeo or ESRI… These projects are based on company strategies like geospatial strategy which intends to enable field and back-office workers with an easy-to- use geo operations hub, allowing to visualize spatially company operational assets. The solution will provide simplified access (via apps) to geospatial and crew data which will ensure accuracy, safety and compliance. In this role, the solution architect will represent Enterprise Architecture to make sure standards are followed, enterprise application architecture principles are followed and guide the projects through the Enterprise Architecture defined technical governance.
The solution architect will be accountable for understanding the business goals and capabilities requirements of key company enterprise strategies [i.e. IT&S, Geospatial, Human Resources, Integration, SAP S/4HANA upgrade, etc.] then driving business transformation and technical aspects of the solutions throughout the projects including understanding of the business use cases, championing the stakeholders’ objectives, ensuring proper adherence to IT governance and SDLC policy during planning, development, integration, testing, and implementation activities. They will work with the business stakeholders, PMO, Enterprise Architecture, Infrastructure, Security and Enterprise Applications teams to ensure that these stakeholders’ expectations are managed and addressed by the deployed solutions.
- Provide the technical leadership and stewardship in establishing the standards based DevSecOps processes and the implementation of the pipeline toolset based on Azure DevOps. Initial focus is the DevSecOps implementation for SAP S/4Hana and relevant applications in the Horizon 1 program solution scope. The scope also includes the implementation of Test Automation suite for S/4Hana and relevant applications in the company’s Horizon 1 scope.
- Provide the technical leadership and stewardship in establishing the standards-based Enterprise Integration Platform (people, process and technology) implementation supporting the Horizon 1 (SAP S/4Hana and relevant applications on Azure Cloud) systems integration that will include API Management toolset, Integration Platform as a Service (IPaaS) and other deliverables from the foundation project.
- Champion business stakeholder objectives by translating the IT&S strategies into the Foundations and Field Web Mapping solutions’ blueprints and verifying their alignment with project deliverables.
- Comprehend current and planned technical context relevant to foundational and application solutions to effectively support project managers, architects, and engineers with high impact technical issue resolutions.
- Lead the evolution of solution architectures through analysis, design, and delivery including non- functional requirements, data sources, and necessary systems integrations for all phases of the Foundations and Field Web Mapping projects
- Facilitate solution architecture development, approvals and delivery for the Foundations, SaaS and GIS platforms
- Work closely with the key stakeholders to drive strategies for meeting the solutions adoption targets.
- Ensure technical and business user interfaces meet user experience guidelines, best practices, and expectations related to usability, coherency, and satisfaction.
- Represent the solutions to IT and architecture governance bodies
- Drive quality of solution deliverables with a focus on business value, results, and outcomes
- Help to identify technical risks and roadblocks, and recommend pragmatic mitigation strategies
- Understand emerging technologies in the technical and geospatial domains to assess their applicability to company geospatial strategy and projects’ architectures
- Validation and refinement of the DevSecOps process standardization, relevant standards and To Be Solution architecture and successful implementation of the DevSecOps pipeline toolset with specific focus for SAP S/4Hana and relevant Enterprise DevSecOps processes.
- Validation and refinement of the Enterprise Integration Platform Solution architecture that services the enterprise integration landscape that consists of SAP S/4Hana and non-SAP application including on premises and cloud-based systems and the completion of identified pilot projects.
- Development and management of the desired state reference and solution architectures for the platforms and business solutions focused on detailed design principles, decision points, non-functional requirements, APIs, major systems and dependencies.
- Documentation and representations of the solution architectures to the stakeholders as well as technical governance and IT change control boards.
- Translation of the architectures into pragmatic architectural roadmaps for solution delivery
- Assistance to project manager in overall project delivery by focusing on scoping, effort and resource estimating of technical tasks.
- Establishment of quality targets and operational metrics for technical deliverables in accordance with company SDLC policy
- Continues improvement and adjustment of the company platforms and geospatial strategy in collaboration of the business and technical stakeholders
- Facilitation of architecturally significant problem-resolution/decision-making as needed by the project
- Responsible for overall solution’s business and technical scope during planning, design, and transition to support to ensure successful delivery per phases’ timing, quality, and supportability objectives.
- Use appropriate company practices, in accordance with SDLC policies and quality expectations.
- Follow company policies, standards, procedures, templates, and processes (i.e. forms, access requests, etc.)
- Work with and coordinate with internal resources, technical consultants, SMEs, and specialists in support of technical planning, design, and implementation.
- Proper fit with the company’s relationship driven culture of customer focus, respect, accountability, and continues learning
Anticipated Scope and Timeline for: 12 to 18 months
Credentials and Experience
- Bachelor's degree or higher in computer science, information-technology, engineering, system analysis or a related study, or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 10+ years of architecture, design and implementation experience in IT, with a deep knowledge in a minimum of two of the following technical disciplines: applications architecture and application integration, application programming interfaces (APIs), integration platforms and Agile Development methodologies (DevSecOps).
- At least 5 years of experience in leading the enterprise architecture of large, cross-functional projects, and influencing senior level management and key stakeholders.
- At least 5 years of experience in architecting and migrating applications to cloud (Azure or AWS) for the enterprise.
- At least 3 years of experience in Geospatial technology like Esri suite of software and location intelligence solutions in the Utility industry will be preferred.
- Experience in documenting and articulating solution concepts to broad audiences as targeted presentations to executive, business, and technical stakeholders
- Extensive experience using modern best practices for SDLC and DevOps project documentation activities like requirements, use cases, user stories, testing, etc.
- Good understanding of strategic technology trends, and the practical application of existing and emerging technologies to new and evolving geospatial operating models
- Exposure to multiple, diverse technologies, platforms and processing environments
- Knowledge, understanding, and experience in developing architectural blueprints, different modeling languages (such as UML and ArchiMate), and roadmaps
- Skilled at influencing, guiding, documenting, and facilitating decision making with stakeholders and peers
- Background in Utilities industry preferred
- Hands-on experience with Azure DevOps for requirements and activity tracking, or equivalent using modern lifecycle methodologies.
- Understanding and knowledge of IT standards and controls, IT Service Management [ITSM, ITIL] methods
- Mature planning and organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including collaboration, facilitation, and negotiation
- Ability to lead own work effort and others with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work through ambiguity and escalate issues through proper channels
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed