Tech Talent Link
The Software Engineer Manager
As a Software Engineer Manager, you are responsible for supervising our software engineers and testers on the .Net development team. You work with product owners to ensure that priorities are understood and assign development tasks aimed at delivering on those priorities. You will be responsible for recruitment and onboarding of new members to the team, facilitating the continuous improvement of Kanban rituals.
***We are unable to work with 3rd-party or corp-to-corp candidates for this position***
What you will do
- Supervise software engineers and testers
- Facilitate regular 1:1s and quarterly reviews for direct reports
- Consult with the Product Owner team and business managers to determine development priorities, costs, and benefits to the company’s product roadmap
- Manage and refine the team’s agile processes and best practices
- Lead team rituals, including grooming meetings and retrospectives
- Facilitate discussions during team rituals to ensure that the team understands and agrees about development priorities
- Ensure that team members have proper training, have the tools required to perform their jobs effectively, and are working well together; remove obstacles as needed
- Maintain active communication with other managers in the Portland office and throughout the rest of the organization.
- Recruit new members to the team and ensure they have a valuable onboarding
- Assist with organization of teambuilding events to promote employee engagement
What We’re Looking For
- You have the ability to communicate effectively, remove obstacles, resolve conflicts, and
- ensure the overall health of the team and its work.
- You possess strong understanding of the software development process
- Prior experience with, exposure to, or understanding of web applications developed using
- You have 3+ years of experience as an engineering manager
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed