Tech Talent Link
Compensation: 130000.0 USD – 140000.0 USD / Year
***We are unable to work with 3rd-party or corp-to-corp candidates for this position***
Our client has an opportunity for an experienced Infrastructure Engineer to be part of the Build and Infrastructure Group for their flagship Calibre product. The group works on multiple areas of the SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle), including Source code management, building CI/CD pipelines, developing and supporting infrastructure on-prem and in the cloud, licensing, clearing OSS (Open-Source Software), and build and release management.
- Develop and support distributed computing infrastructure and functionality built on top of commercial solutions like GridEngine, LSF, and Slurm.
- Ensure stability, reliability, and extensibility of the infrastructure.
- Support internal users of the infrastructure.
- Monitor usage, use models, and emerging requirements.
- Participate in projects to improve and extend the capabilities of systems, tools, and infrastructure provided by the Build and Infrastructure Group.
- Technical degree BS/MS in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of software development experience, along with experience working with large-scale distributed computing systems (Grid Engine, LSF, SLURM, etc.)
- Extensive, relevant experience with Linux operating systems.
- Good knowledge and experience with distributed computing practices.
- Strong proficiency in programming/scripting languages (Bash, Python, Perl).
- The candidate must be service-oriented and work effectively in a global, multi-site infrastructure and environment.
- The candidate should have a powerful desire for continuous improvement and a passion for automation and making tasks repeatable.
- Excellent debugging and problem-solving skills are key attributes, including the ability to investigate, isolate, and remedy software defects.
- This position requires excellent communication and collaboration skills, both verbal and written.
- The ability to work constructively and productively on a team, as well as alone, is essential.
- The candidate should be resourceful, self-motivated, and comfortable taking the initiative and leading projects when needed.
- Experience supporting high-availability systems and large integrated systems.
- Experience with Altair (formerly Univa/Oracle/Sun) Grid Engine.
- Experience in infrastructure management and/or DevOps.
- Knowledge of distributed computing models in cloud environments.
- Experience with SCM (Software Configuration Management) like CVS and Git.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed