Tech Talent Link
***We are unable to work with 3rd-party or corp-to-corp candidates for this role***
This position can be performed 100% remotely
Our client is seeking a Senior Systems / DevOps Engineer to help drive the design, implementation, and modernization of their technology stacks. This Engineer will be critical to the cloud first strategy and moving our technologies to the AWS cloud.
In this position you will be using tools such as Chef and Terraform to deliver infrastructure as code. You will design and implement technologies using best of breed products and will drive application reliability improvements. The optimal candidates will be those able to leverage deep experience with systems infrastructure and also bring a track record of continual learning and examples of adopting new technologies to meet business needs. You will also be instrumental in developing process and policies and serve as a technology evangelist for your teammates. This is an ideal opportunity for a candidate with a great Systems background to drive modernization of our infrastructure capabilities.
Candidates should have experience supporting corporate and public facing environments and associated applications in an agile environment. Along with necessary technical skills and experience, candidates should be open communicators and enjoy working in a dynamic, team environment. Additionally, they should have the desire and skills to contribute in other areas across the IT environment, as needed to support business demands.
The company runs predominantly on Windows Server based solutions but has a growing open-source footprint.
- Develop and implement cloud first solutions in a dynamic and growing environment.
- Establish deep knowledge of company systems and applications
- Transform, build, and maintain infrastructure as code
- Drive recommendations for the design and implementation of new technology solutions to support company IT infrastructure.
- Ensure company standards and policies are addressed in all implementations and are also followed by service providers and external vendors.
- Provide capacity planning strategies to ensure system scalability and functionality.
- Assist with the planning and deployment of related security measures
- Manage web and application servers primarily running Microsoft technologies.
- Collaborate with development teams on server configuration standards and best practices
- Take on other related tasks in supporting company IT infrastructure
- Act as technical leader for IT infrastructure and operations, continually striving to align business requirements with technology roadmaps
Experience and Education:
- 10+ years of experience supporting IT Infrastructure platforms, Operating Systems, and applications.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience using Chef, Puppet or similar configuration management tools.
- Experience in using Terraform to deliver infrastructure as code.
- Good knowledge of scripting languages such as Python, Ruby and Powershell
- Understanding of code clarity concepts
- Experience with implementation and operation of IT infrastructures in public cloud environments such as AWS or Azure
- Solid understanding of Windows Server infrastructure. MCSA/MCSE preferred.
- Linux OS engineering experience desired
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Great ability to work remotely without direct supervision
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex systems problems quickly with little technical guidance
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships with business, supplier and technology stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to implement business-driven solutions in a complex environment
- Results driven mentality
- Passion for technology and providing superior service
- Demonstrated ability and commitment to continual learning
- In-depth knowledge in following technical disciplines
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed