Tech Talent Link
Compensation: 0.0 USD – 125000.0 USD / Year
***We are unable to work with 3rd-party and corp-to-corp candidates for this position***
We’re on a mission to continue industry disruption through rapid evolution of our SecureCloud Compliance Automation stack. Our customers achieve FedRAMP certification quickly and predictably, and our SecOps team continuously maintains security and compliance levels. A significant part of FedRAMP is providing continuous monitoring, threat and vulnerability detection, anomaly detection, and customer interaction. We seek leaders that act as force multipliers, persistently planning and designing automation that scales with the growing customer base, using machines (and machine learning) to perform work that humans audit and improve. The ideal candidate will be excited about working in an environment in which it is paramount to keep abreast with the ever-changing landscape of security vulnerabilities and threats.
The Senior SecOps Engineer is a key role – expected to fluidly interface directly with multiple stakeholders, including executives, staff, and adjacent department members, both internally and client-facing. The role requires agility to assist and triage issues ranging from sales/marketing questions, collaborating with Program Managers to ensure multi-tiered projects run smoothly, and direct Security Engineering assistance. Most importantly, this role requires a sound technical strategy and persistent execution against long-term goals which are defined by you and leadership.
- CS Degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of engineering experience in public cloud systems, network, and hardening complex security infrastructure.
- 3 years of experience working in public cloud environments, such as AWS or Azure.
- Proven ability to leverage automation to create tooling and utilities to help scale
- Proven ability to write clean, readable, maintainable software in Python or another object-oriented programming language
- Ability to break down work into small, digestible deliverables
- Ability to operate with high level requirements and drive tasks to completion
- Ability to quickly learn new security tools (by consuming documentation) and apply them in customer public clouds environments
- You have working expertise in all common components of least one public cloud, preferably AWS or Azure
- You are independent, and identify “high leverage” automation work and execute against it without being asked
- You have operations experience running production software, operating a large cloud application and/or infrastructure deployment, and creating, tuning alert thresholds, and triaging alerts
- You work well with other people and actively coach junior members of the team, effectively interacting with your internal customers and stakeholders.
- You are curious, and you are not afraid to learn and embrace, or recommend new security technologies
- You have deep knowledge of what a clean-running SIEM looks like and can set the direction for the team to prune false positives and elevate actionable, customer-impacting alerts
- You work diligently with engineering teams and frequently log high value backlog items and champion the right priorities.
- Display effective time and ticket management and influence others through leading by example
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed