Tech Talent Link
- The Senior DevOps Engineer works on a robust suite of web and mobile applications to improve the robustness of our client’s DevOps compliance footprint, tools, and infrastructure, and helps Engineering maintain the sky-high level of trust our organization has built with customers across the globe.
- Key themes this role will focus on are cloud and datacenter architectures, CI/CD automation, incident response, remediation, training, access control, hardening, and secure development.
- You should strive to be an influencer on our Technical Operations team by guiding the team to best practices and uplift other Engineers by leveraging previous experience and sharing knowledge.
Our client is currently operating fully remote as we navigate through COVID-19. They expect to reopen our HQ office in Portland, Oregon when it becomes safe and reasonable to do so.
- Develop hardening guidelines and review configurations related to Linux/Unix hosts, Cloud technology deployments, containerized technologies, and common web application frameworks.
- Help maintain and build a stack of technologies including: Terraform, Docker Swarm, Kubernetes, AWS, Azure, Ansible, Jenkins, Argo CI/CD and Workflows.
- Administer and maintain credentials for a variety of infrastructure and services.
- Maintain, protect, and administer data storage systems including security, encryption, and GDPR compliance.
- Discover and plan remediation for application vulnerabilities in the ruby/rails platform.
- Build tools, systems, and processes that allow your fellow engineers to ship world-class software as quickly and efficiently as possible.
- Architect, support, test, and maintain CI/CD pipelines (Blue/Green experience is a plus)
- Working closely with QA, Platform, Operations, and Experience/UI teams to automate and improve performance and releases in workflows.
- Advise, and support best practices with a flexibility mindset for a variety of technologies
- Taking part in product brainstorms to help think up the next big thing and bring a strong security stance along the way.
- Lend a helping hand, or ear whenever necessary.
- Be a leader in documenting, educating, and de-siloing of information and process.
- Be a champion of supporting customer needs and finding short-term ways to fill those needs.
Skills, Experience, Knowledge:
- 5+ years of DevOps experience supporting enterprise-grade web applications.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse communities and cultures.
- Natural alignment with company Values: Professional, Intentional, Steadfast, Helpful, Creative, Passionate, and Empathetic.
- Strong ability to gather and present data to support ideas, projects, and opinions.
- AWS and/or Azure ecosystem mastery with a strong understanding of modern web application architectures, both service-oriented and monolithic, ideally focused around Ruby-on-Rails and Elixir.
- Experience with infrastructure as code and technologies behind it (Terraform preferred).
- Experience working with production web applications on cloud-based hosting and containerized technologies like Docker (Kubernetes preferred).
- Demonstrated ability to engineer secure, performance minded technologies into full stack architectures on next-generation cloud and container platforms.
- Proven ability to manage projects, gaining consensus and buy-in cross functionally.
- Proven ability to drive initiatives with diplomacy and empathy.
- Knowledge on load balancers, network device authentication, firewalls, network segregation, VPNs, Security Information and Event Management.
- Undergraduate degree or the equivalent related working experience is required.
Our client is pleased to offer a comprehensive total rewards package for employees and their families, providing a diverse range of benefits such as:
- Competitive, market-leading compensation package, including stock options
- 100% company-paid individual premium for Medical/Rx, Dental, and Vision Insurance (with dependent premiums 50% company-paid)
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) for Health, Dependent Care, Commuter, Parking
- Company-paid Group Life/AD&D, Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Pet Insurance for your furry friend
- Flexible Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Paid Parental Leave & Flexible Back-to-Work Program
- 401(k) and Roth Retirement Plans
- Company-sponsored outreach and activity programs
- Modern office space with snacks, coffee, and friendly coworkers
Our client is an equal-opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive and diverse environment. We believe a diverse workplace promotes innovation and enhances decision making. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will consider all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, age, or veteran status.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed