Tech Talent Link
Compensation: 135000.0 USD – 145000.0 USD / Year
***We are unable to work with 3rd-party or corp-to-corp candidates for this position***
Our client will be hiring an experienced DevOps Engineer for greenfield work in support of an increased investment in our applications, with a focus on the improvement of Digital experiences for the families we serve. This role will drive technology modernization and best practices and partner in agile work methodologies.
This senior role is a part of a team responsible for bringing the DevOps concept to life. Develop tools, services, and processes that enable the development pipeline and implement DevOps best practices. The DevOps team also acts as DevOps Ambassador who spreads DevOps values and philosophies throughout the organization. This could include Systems Thinking, Product Mindset, Automation, and Agile.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Build tools, services and establish processes both within and around the development pipeline
- Architect new solutions and DevOps platform that will lead to higher levels of efficiency and security
- Partnering with development teams to ensure that their deployment infrastructure is fully automated
- Influence in architecture and developing the DevOps platform, agnostic of the tools used
- Create automated testing environment
- Collaborate with other IT leaders to establish value stream objectives and key results
- Work with engineers on the design, deployment, and continuous improvement of DevOps capabilities
- Create, Maintain, and update best practices of source control and release management
- Troubleshoot effectively, applying a logical and systematic search for the root cause of a problem.
- Actively participate in Agile ceremonies such as system demos, sprint planning and sprint retrospectives.
- Use data to determine priorities and deliver on business outcomes
- Champion the advancement and improvement of Agile practices within the organization.
Key Desired Skills and Experience:
We know that experience is gathered in many ways. These guidelines represent some, but not all of the ways you might have acquired the skills required for this role. If you have a demonstrated ability to fulfill the job duties, but got there in a different way, please apply
- Experience working with containers preference for CloudFormation.
- Experience working with a Public Cloud, preferably AWS
- Knowledge of Agile/Lean/DevOps methodologies and strategies and experience with agile software development, modern DevOps practices and release cycles
- Passion for learning and working with others to improve yourself, the team, the product, the company.
- 5+ years of experience in distributed cloud-based software development with strong automation mindset.
- Experience in building CI/CD pipelines for code builds, automation, and deployment to multiple platforms, experience administering source, and/or CI/CD tools
- Knowledge of administering code versioning / code merge tools. Knowledge of standard branching/merging practices in distributed version control tools.
- Experience administering quality assurance tools and platforms
- Experience conducting vendor evaluations, product proofs of concepts, pilots and enterprise implementations
- Knowledge of financial services concepts, practices, and procedures, with emphasis on payment processing ecosystem, platforms, and integrated applications and system
- Outstanding communication, ability to initiate and foster collaborative relationships
- Ability to be highly responsive and flexible to meet demanding deadlines
Nice to haves:
- Microsoft Certified Azure DevOps Engineer Certification
- AWS Certified DevOps Engineer Certification
- Educational technology experience
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed