Tech Talent Link
Our innovative client will be hiring a mid-level Security Engineer, responsible for operation of security infrastructure in accordance with studio security policy. The position works collaboratively with studio staff and members of the Systems Engineering team to ensure digital systems, software and workflows follow best practices.
The ideal candidate has a background in Windows administration, some Linux knowledge and experience writing security policies.
VPN is open source and the security infrastructure is on Linux. Servers include 1000 Linux and 100 Windows servers.
**This position is 100% REMOTE (US candidates only)**
How do you add the most value in the first few months?
Understand what makes security documentation useful and write new security policies.
Build an asset database that verifies software, hardware.
Apply threat modeling to the data.
Screening Question to consider:
How do you explain complex technical security information to non-technical people?
- Work with a team of 6 Systems Engineers and report to the Manager of Systems Engineering.
- Operate information security infrastructure.
- Implement computer security incident response plans.
- Document and audit attack surfaces and threat vectors.
- Assist with information security threat modeling efforts.
- Prepare and document procedures for the safe handling of sensitive data.
- Track and report security-related metrics.
- Compile reports on current and emerging threats.
- Conduct research into new information security infrastructure.
- 3+ years’ experience in enterprise systems engineering, computer, network and data security.
- Previous experience as a Windows Server administrator.
- Experience writing security policies.
- Experience with firewalls, SIEM, IDS, anti-virus, authentication systems, log management and network security monitoring software.
- Knowledge of MacOS, Windows, Linux and BSD operating systems.
- Experience with Ruby, RabbitMQ and PostgreSQL, preferred.
- Experience with high performance scale-out computing, preferred.
- Well organized with strong communication, planning, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently.
- Ability to work in confined spaces (e.g., data centers and closets).
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed