Tech Talent Link
Our renewable energy client will be hiring a wicked-smart SaaS Product Manager with experience developing and scaling SaaS business models and an interest in renewable energy. They are developing a SaaS product offering, cloud-based services (value-adds) for their customers. This position will focus on strategy and help monetize the customer base in a recurring fashion; also consider data warehouse, optimization services, etc.
This position is customer-facing, you will work with the Sales team and translate business requirements into a product or service. This is a strategic role, focused on deciding what products and services to bring to the market. A core focus will be to communicate the product vision internally and write documentation that lays out product strategy.
While this role is focused on Software, other products include Hardware, Firmware, Software on prem and in the cloud.
This role is highly visible and impactful, reporting directly to the VP of Product & Data Analytics. Work with a team of 12 in Product & Data Analytics. The teams are separated into Customer success, Product Management/design, Technical Product Management, and Product analytics.
This company has grown from 40 employees to 140 in the past 18 months!
Screening Questions to consider:
Tell me about a SaaS product that you’ve shipped, taken from concept to launch.
Tell me about a significant and challenge project that you've work on where the customer was thrilled with the end result.
- Be a leader within in the product team; you will be a team builder, technologist, strategist, product expert, and customer advocate
- Perform first-rate market and competitive analysis on the rapidly growing energy storage industry, making well-supported recommendations on company strategy
- Develop and maintain company-wide product roadmap covering both hardware and software
- Define product requirements that the Engineering teams can develop into prototypes and ultimately products
- Translate market requirements and use cases into detailed requirements that the QA Team can test against and determine if the product goals are being met
- Assist with collateral creation for Sales and Marketing, ensuring that the value proposition of products and services are clear and consistent
- Represent the company at conferences and by visiting customers to solicit feedback on products and services
- 3+ years of Software Product Management experience.
- 2 years developing and scaling SaaS business models.
- Technical background and business strategy.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Wicked smart. Passion/interest in renewable energy.
- Renewable energy industry
- Experience with electricity market optimization
- Ability to create clarity where none exists, analyzing tradeoffs and driving great product decision-making
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed