Tech Talent Link
Our client will be hiring a mid-level Ruby on Rails developer to evolve and maintain multiple websites and support the infrastructure of database servers, data loading and processing routines (ETL), and monitoring systems.
This person will be the sole Ruby on Rails Developer, working with Statisticians and PhD level scientists (psychometricians) on user interface design, data pipelines, mathematical analysis specifications, and database functionality.
Ability to communicate in business terms is important when discussing technical issues. They value patience and empathy in our product planning, support, and day-to-day relations.
100% REMOTE (US candidates only), 6-month Contract to hire expectation.
***We are unable to work with third-party or corp-to-corp candidates for this position***
- Work closely with staff on the design and implementation of new product features.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot backend issues in production.
- Maintain and implement integrations with external services – currently there are integrations with Tableau, Canvas LMS, and Authorize.net.
- Limited support and maintain applications in Java, Scala (analytic engine built in Scala), R
- Integration work with MariaDB, SQL Server, and limited Postgres.
- Support large scale structured data and focus on internal analysis of the data.
- 3+ years of Ruby on Rails backend development experience on production apps
- 3+ years of SQL and Relational database skills
- A solid understanding of object-oriented programming and design
- D3, Plotly, Tableau – One of the major roles that the developer will play in 2023 will be to develop a suite of data visualizations in D3.
- Designing and/or utilizing API’s
- Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment
- Git, Gitlab
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed