Tech Talent Link
Our start-up client will be hiring a talented backend developer with a Ruby on Rails background. In this role, you’ll be working to evolve and maintain the API, data processing pipelines, and other backend systems.
This is position is 100% REMOTE (US candidates only).
***We are unable to work with 3rd party or corp-to-corp candidates for this position***
We’re looking for people who:
- Are great communicators — Effective communication is key to how we work. We value patience and empathy in our product planning, support, and day-to-day relations.
- Work well both collaboratively and independently — You’ll be working on a team of 4-5 developers. We come together to pair on tricky problems and architecture, then dive deep on individual tasks.
- Are ready to learn and share knowledge — Everyone comes to our company with their own set of skills and experiences. Cross-training, code review, mentorship, and curiosity all help us build better products.
- Work closely with our web and mobile developers on the implementation of new product features
- Collaborate on API design and architecture decisions
- Diagnose and troubleshoot backend issues in production
- Maintain integrations with external services, such as Stripe, Iterable, Mapbox, and our campground partners
- Update and maintain existing API functionality
- 3+ years of Ruby on Rails backend development experience on production apps
- JSON API development
- A solid understanding of object-oriented programming and design
- Relational database skills — we use PostgreSQL views, triggers, and functions
- Experience with Elasticsearch
- Knowledge of JSON-API::Resources
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed