Tech Talent Link
Our client is looking for a Software Engineer with a focus on Python development. This engineer will collaborate closely with the Underwriting team to better streamline their processes as well as help establish best-practices. Beyond that, this engineer will get the opportunity to work throughout our broad suite of products, using a diverse set of technologies and shipping code at a regular cadence.
***We are unable to work with 3rd-party or corp-to-corp candidates for this position***
This position is 100% remote
What You Will Bring:
You’re an engineer with a passion for people and products. You're excited to work closely with a range of partners in Product, Engineering, and Underwriting. You are always striving to improve yourself, your team, the product, and the company. You love learning by digging into code alongside your team and strive to ensure we deliver quality products. You have a history of leveling up your teammates and thrive in a collaborative environment.
What you will do:
- Champion Python best practices to uplift our team.
- Collaborate across multiple teams including product, design, underwriting, and data engineering to spearhead new Python initiatives.
- Learn by doing, honing your skills by shipping features on a regular basis.
- Participate in our software development lifecycle, contributing feedback for continual refinement and coaching teammates on best practices.
- Work closely with Underwriting teams to fully own your projects.
- Strive to leave code better than you found it with appropriate test coverage to improve overall quality of the codebase.
What skills will help you be successful:
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Experience building Python applications.
- Experience utilizing pandas and numpy libraries.
- Working knowledge of source control (Git)Relational DB or Elasticsearch familiarity.
- Familiarity with AWS lambdas and/or Google Cloud Platform is a plus.
- Experience with Ruby a plus
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed