Tech Talent Link
Compensation: 80000.0 USD – 90000.0 USD / Year
***We are unable to work with third-party or corp-to-corp candidates for this position***
What you will do – Create advanced energy storage designs to meet automotive customers' electrification needs, coordinate product development to meet timelines, support product launches in the plant, and maintain engineering changes of production products.
How you will do it
- Support component design and development of absorbent glass mat batteries, enhanced flooded batteries, and starting lighting ignition batteries, lithium-ion cells, and lithium-ion systems and sub-systems, working with a cross-functional team of engineers including electrical, systems, modeling, software, and manufacturing.
- Take ownership of system design and at times direct other engineers in sub-system design.
- Specify and design multiple complex mechanical components and sub-assemblies using Solid Works CAD system – including injection molded plastic/rubber components, labels, machined/cast metal parts, formed metal parts, structural items, fans, fasteners, gaskets, clips, and other hardware to OEM and Aftermarket automotive requirements for high volume production.
- Prepare technical drawings of components and assemblies.
- Create complete packaging studies for new product development including customer vehicle integration. Review package studies for other engineers' projects.
- Conduct, make iterations, or oversee other engineers for FEA and CFD analysis, validation testing, and result interpretation in the areas of Vibration Durability, Mechanical Shock, Crashworthiness, and General Structural Engineering.
- Perform complete dimensional tolerance stacks and apply GD&T to components and/or assemblies as directed. Coaching other engineers with dimensional tolerance stacks and GD&T.
- Implement and assist other engineers with design for manufacturability (DFM) to ensure that the design of components optimizes the manufacturing and assembly process. Ensure that the design of components facilitates handling throughout the product life cycle from shipping through disassembly and recycling.
- Review and propose updates to product requirements.
- Prepare Engineering Documentation including DFMEA's, Evaluations, Test Requests, and Test Reports as directed.
- Provides mechanical team input for the creation of Test Plans (DVP&R) and testing.
- Lead assigned ongoing activities for cost reduction of components and assemblies.
- Work with suppliers to drive product procurement and open engineering issues.
- Participate in team meetings to support program development.
- Provide input for product quality through APQP.
- Support and provide directions in prototype and pre-production assembly builds.
What we look for
- Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering with a minimum of 3 years of experience.
- Experience in plastic part design and knowledge of injection molding process.
- Applied Solid Modeling (CAD) Experience of at least 2 years.
- Knowledge of MS Office Products such as Excel, PowerPoint, project, and word.
- Experience with DFMEA and DVP&R
- General understanding of electrical and thermal engineering.
- Solid Works Experience.
- General manufacturing knowledge.
- Leadership acumen.
- Ability to problem-solve.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed