Tech Talent Link
Compensation: 50.0 USD – 0.0 USD / Hour
***We are unable to work with 3rd-party or corp-to-corp candidates for this position***
Looking for a Linux Administrator to work on a project focused on upgrading Linux operating systems across multiple business units
The successful candidate will possess the following combination of education and experience:
- BS degree (or equivalent) in Information Technology or related field.
- Must have 3+ years of professional experience in Systems Administration of Linux servers and workstations. While the focus is largely on the Linux platform, having Windows knowledge is a plus.
- Demonstrated experience in multiple OS’s including RHEL, CentOS, SLES, Ubuntu, etc.
- Must have in-depth knowledge supporting and administering servers and workstations in a large, multi-site, enterprise-wide environment. Global experience highly desirable.
- Virtualization experience with VMware products, VDI and vCloud Director.
- Must possess Shell/Perl scripting abilities along with process automation.
- Knowledge of endpoint/configuration management and remote server management tools is required.
- Must have solid understanding of problem management, incident management, and change control processes.
- Experience supporting software development engineers. Must perform problem resolution in an effective and timely manner in accordance with SLA's and customer expectations.
- Must understand networking protocols and be able to diagnose network related problems at the client level.
- Demonstrate time management and prioritization skills to accommodate business requirements and managing scheduled activities.
- Must work well in a cross-functional / matrixed team environment and possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Possess a working knowledge of NAS and Flash storage technologies in a Linux/engineering environment.
- The ideal candidate must be able to adapt to a wide variety of duties, including end user support, project deadlines and commitments, data center systems management and monitoring, and many other aspects of IT.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed