Tech Talent Link
Our Software Consulting client will be hiring a Lead Software developer who enjoys mentoring developers and moving things forward. This position will lead best practices for an e-commerce cloud platform. In this role, you will be responsible for coaching developers to continuously elevate their engineering skills to deliver innovative and high-quality services that enable our cloud teams to build capabilities in a consistent, maintainable and highly-scalable manner.
***We are unable to work with 3rd-party or corp-to-corp candidates for this position***
- Create end-to-end solutions
- Design complex, distributed systems
- Understand Data storage solutions and their purposes
- Utilize Deployment platforms (e.g. Docker, K8S, Serverless)
- Evangelize Agile culture
- Coach and mentor Software developers
- Be an advocate of new technology and development techniques.
- This is not a coding job, it's a collaboration job and requires a background in coding to be able to absorb the information needed, solve complex problems understanding the constraints with particular systems, and motivate the engineers on a particular architecture.
- 25% focus on quickly learning vast internal systems
- 25% learning external systems (i.e. vendors used to solve a particular problem)
- 25% teaching – helping engineering leadership understand why you aligned on a particular design, and how that will solve the unique challenges associated w/ that problem space
- 25% leading a room (typically Sr. Engineers) and gaining consensus
- Bonus points for ability to understand various audiences (Engineers and Business) and how to communicate effectively with them.
- 8 years software development experience (Java or Node preferred)
- 2 years in a leadership role
- 2 years working in a public cloud environment (AWS preferred)
- API design and development background
- Experience designing and implementing complex, distributed, highly scalable systems
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed