Tech Talent Link
Our client will be hiring a Lead Java Developer (with embedded or firmware experience) to extend their platform to create simulated devices and to support advanced automations across the entire Product organization.
Ideal experience is a Sr Java developer who has been or wants to become a Manager.
This role is highly visible, reports directly to the Senior VP of Product and Engineering, and is expected to be a strong technical leader in the Product and Engineering organization.
- Work with the Data Science team, the Product Management team, and with the device driver team to characterize the behaviors of various aspects of an installation (PCSes/inverters, meters, DC/DC converters, the utility grid itself) and how they interact.
- Create a new software engineering team (Simulation/Automation Engineering) to
- Create intelligent device simulations to allow for prototyping of software applications, and rapid and effective QA testing
- Build an automation library for driving complete implementations (in both the field and the lab), to speed up system characterization, data analysis, and testing.
- Identify opportunities to modify our existing solutions to make them easier to test and automate, and then make those changes.
- Both guide and work collaboratively with Software QA, Hardware QA, Software Engineering, Firmware Engineering, Data Analysis, ESCE (Energy Storage Center of Excellence) to provide a set of tools and systems that enable them to focus on their core responsibilities.
- 10+ years of Java development experience (OOD/OOP).
- Experience leading or mentoring software development teams (3-5 is ideal).
- Embedded C/C++ development OR firmware development experience.
- Understanding of network protocols (TCP/IP, HTTP).
- Experience with SQL; PostGres is preferred.
- Experience building simulation tools.
- Experience with Unix and/or Linux.
- Experience building automation tools is a strong plus.
- Experience with device protocols (Modbus/TCP, Modbus/RTU, DNP3, SCADA, Sunspec) is a very strong plus.
- Experience in the energy, renewable, power control, utility, SCADA, or power electronics industries is a very strong plus.
- Experience with AWS is a plus
- Experience with Python is a plus
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed