Tech Talent Link
***We are unable to work with 3rd-party or corp-to-corp candidates for this position***
Our fast-growing renewable energy client will be hiring a Lead IT Support Technician. You need to know how to image computers or help build and maintain and image, AD and O365 administration experience is important. In this role, you will help build out the helpdesk infrastructure from scratch, process and controls, and then train new helpdesk technicians as the team grows.
- Ticketing system, Jira based helpdesk platform
- O365 administration
- AD administration, management, create accounts, implement best practices
- Asset management – build out the tool, track inventory, ship equipment
You will perform a variety of computer systems administration and support tasks, including analyzing, constructing, documenting, testing, maintaining, troubleshooting, and supporting of PC hardware, operating systems, software applications, peripherals, and communication devices for the entire organization. You will perform a variety of project tasks and have excellent good communication skills and support activities such as maintaining and updating knowledge base articles and performing patching, upgrades, and software installs with elevated profile rights.
- Service Request and Incident Management: Accountable for service desk performance and adherence of job essential functions. Responsible for IT service desk team meeting service level requirements and agreements associated with end-to-end processes. Trends support issues and finds long term solutions and enhancements. Works with other System Administrators and Corporate IT in order to deliver a common support practice within the business organization.
- User System Profile/Account Support: Accountable for User System Profile and Account Support processes (e.g., activation, modification, termination, and Password Resets, etc.)
- Change Management: Accountable for monitoring and communicating the progress of Emergency, High Priority or high risk planned changes and identify and communicate non-planned (e.g.- not submitted changes). Follows up on open Change Control tickets and escalates to management when process is not being followed.
- Continual Service Improvement: Provides a stable Service Desk environment to effectively and efficiently perform procedures to ensure IT services meet Service-Level Requirements (SLR). Research and develop solutions that can help expand or make support initiatives more efficient or effective. Simplify or automate IT operations and increase levels of IT service.
- Knowledge and Documentation Management: Utilizes knowledge databases and best practices to resolve incidents quickly. Accountable to develop and maintain Operations knowledge base documentation (process, procedures, and quick entry’s). Responsible to ensure Information Technology and Customer records are accurate.
- 3+ years of experience as an IT Support Technician.
- Microsoft O365 & Windows Active Directory administration experience.
- Proficient with installation and maintenance of network cabling
- Ability to image and repair PC hardware.
- Jira and Confluence
- Knowledge of TCP/IP and non-TCP/IP protocols, Firewalls, authentication systems and applying cryptography. (Need to be able to configure a printer or figure out why VPN isn’t working).
- Basic knowledge in Linux.
- One or more technical certifications (COMPTIA A+, Networks+, etc.)
- AWS Cloud solutions (EC2, RDS, etc.)
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed