Tech Talent Link
Compensation: 60000.0 USD – 70000.0 USD / Year
***We are unable to work with 3rd-party or corp-to-corp candidates for this position***
Our client is a full-service engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) firm in Portland, Oregon with projects throughout the US. They will be hiring a Junior Controls Engineer with PLC and HMI programming experience.
This position is onsite in SW Portland, working with a small company with 15+ employees.
Provide engineering and design for new and existing projects that require electrical system design for power distribution of 480V and below as well as control system design including HMI programming. This position is responsible for the engineering design deliverables of an assigned project. Proactive self-motivation, organization, communication, and multi-tasking skills will be critical for success in this role.
- Design all phases of electrical requirements for automated material handling and process equipment, including control design and implementation
- Prepare schematic and panel drawings using AutoCAD
- PLC and HMI programming
- Supervise the installation and commissioning of equipment
- Project management, including coordination of contractors and vendors
- Prepare timely job costing for winning RFQ responses
- Interpret design requirements and provide innovative engineering solutions while incorporating safety, cost effectiveness, and serviceability concepts
- Interpret and provide technical expertise in the various codes governing design and plant operations, such as NEC
- Conduct field verifications, prepare technical narratives related to scope of work and operational specifications
- Provide management and other project stakeholders with information regarding project status and possible design conflicts
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Chemical, or Electrical Engineering from an ABET accredited college or university
- Experience developing control drawings, instrumentation specification, and selection
- Programming experience (PLC/HMI)
- Professional Engineering license or path to obtain within four years of hire
- Knowledge of industry standards and accompanying policies and procedures
- Understanding of Sequence of Operations
- Proficiency in Autodesk products
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed