Tech Talent Link
Compensation: 90000.0 USD – 100000.0 USD / Year
***We are unable to work with 3rd-party or corp-to-corp candidates for this position***
Our client is growing and they need someone to lead their Service Desk team that includes 5 Service Desk Technicians and 1 Systems administrator.
The Service Desk Supervisor oversees the day-to-day operations of the Tier 1 and Tier 2 Service Desk staff that support internal employees. This includes managing the processes related to the identification, prioritization, and resolution of requests along with tracking, coordinating, and reporting service desk tickets. This position also continuously works with a focus on improving support policies, systems, and processes.
- This is a working-supervisor role.
- Process-oriented expertise is important.
- Lead and mentor the team.
- Strategy and Planning: Establish and enforce policies to meet problem resolution expectations and timeframes. Analyze the performance of the Service Desk, ensure resolutions are documented, and determine solutions to improve the quality of support offered. Establish best practices for the service desk based on standardized IT principles to maintain a level of support standards.
- Operational Management: Manage the request handling process to ensure effective resolution. Enforce escalation policies and processes. Provide hands-on support at the desktop level as needed. Follow up on requests and survey customers to identify areas of improvement.
- Procurement: Liaise with vendors to procure new technology and oversee shipments and installation.
- Process Improvement: Analyze team performance on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis. Identify areas of opportunity/improvement, develop and analyze solutions, and effectively communicate and implement solutions. Produce preventive measures to improve request response and resolution time.
- Problem Resolution: Resolve, perform solutions analysis, and document solutions using approved methods.
- Team Management: Manage direct reports’ performance ensuring they understand expectations, priorities, and how success will be measured. Serve as mentor, coach, and positive role model in alignment with our core values. Train staff to improve their technical knowledge and skillsets. Participate in regular IT Service Operations team and lead Service Desk 1:1 meetings.
- 2+ years leading or managing a team of IT Service Desk professionals.
- Experience with ticketing systems (JIRA preferred)
- Experience supporting mobile users through an MDM solution (Airwatch preferred).
- Experience supporting a user base of more than 1,000 users in a Windows 10 environment.
- Understanding of ITIL v.3 and experience implementing IT best practices.
- Experience implementing process improvements; understanding of 5s methodology preferred.
- O365/Azure knowledge
- Security software suite knowledge
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed