Tech Talent Link
- Our renewable energy client will be hiring a Hardware QA Manager with Electrical Design Engineer experience to lead their Product and Engineering team.
- The ideal candidate has expertise in hardware and system testing/debugging while engaging with manufacturing. Expect to learn all the layers of the product offering in order to test new product integration and debug product issues found in the field. Build and maintain an extensive library of tests that will allow you and your team to ensure the highest level of system quality possible.
- This role will report to the Executive VP of Product and Engineering and will collaborate with the Director of HW Engineering and other senior team members to define the processes and strategies around hardware testing and the handoff to manufacturing quality control.
- Relocation assistance is available (within the US).
***We are unable to work with 3rd party or corp-to-corp candidates for this position***
- The top priorities in the first few months include: (1) building out the team, in order to provide (2) deep design reviews of new products and (3) support of UL and other certification processes.
- Manage all hardware QA personnel and activities in both the US (2) and China (1), plan to increase personnel in both locations.
- Create Design Verification Plans and Reports for all HW products.
- Manage and participate hands-on in a QA process to identify design issues and record and track them, perform root cause analysis, and inform others of all appropriate and relevant information.
- Develop HALT electrical, mechanical, and environmental tests for the analysis of electronic components to determine that processed materials are meeting required standards and specifications while maintaining and updating reports, files, and test data as required.
- Develop and prepare preliminary drawings or sketches showing proposed test specification, design characteristics, wiring diagrams, bill of material, etc.
- Schedule testing activities for an assigned project, estimate required hours, and track actual vs. estimated time, assist with and resolve scheduling problems for assigned project and determined feasibility.
- Coordinate with Hardware and Compliance engineers to coordinate test requirements to ensure thorough test coverage.
- Work from detailed drawings, blueprints, diagrams, and schematics as well as verbal and written instructions.
- Develop process and test recommendations for the Manufacturing QC team.
- 10 years of Electrical Design engineering, integration, and testing experience
- Expertise designing test systems or test requirements
- Hardware QA team leadership or management experience
- Experience with Power Electronics or Battery System testing
- Strong electrical/electronic engineering fundamentals from DC circuits up to 3 phase AC power systems
- Experience with HW & SW testing of systems and subsystems
- Demonstrated proficiency with general lab/test equipment