Tech Talent Link
Compensation: 0.0 USD – 100000.0 USD / Year
***We are unable to work with 3rd-party or corp-to-corp candidates for this position***
The Senior Software Engineer on the product development team, working primarily on our internally built web application for program performance Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL). This position will also support the development and execution of other key agency priorities, such as business intelligence, database integration, grant management, and data security.
- Long-term potential? Provide architectural leadership, developing strategic solutions to improve the overall performance, reliability and scalability of our systems. This could include selecting software packages and libraries, establishing software patterns, and collaborating to design code deployment processes to meet business needs.
- Utilize an understanding of algorithmic best practices and the technical limitations of the existing codebase to collaborate in adapting business requirements to software implementations, which may include providing estimates for feature proposals as well as proposing technical solutions to challenges in feature implementation.
- Read and interpret design documentation, soliciting clarification and refinement of acceptance criteria as needed to ensure new features that are developed meet business requirements and quality specifications.
- Develop new features and fix bugs following PEP8 and Django coding style and standards to resolve user stories.
- Write unit tests in an existing Continuous Integration (CI) testing environment.
- Refactor existing code as necessary to bring it up to standards with PEP8 and Django’s recommended best practices, ensure it is testable and maintainable, and implement updates of dependent software packages and libraries.
- Write reusable, testable, and efficient code.
- Follow and implement OWASP recommendations for writing secure code.
- Integrate front-end functionality with backend.
- Integrate different systems using different databases including MySQL, PostgreSQL, and MongoDB.
- Design and implement low-latency, high-availability, and performant application functionality that scales.
- Facilitate engineering design reviews and participate in code reviews.
- Full Stack developer with Python/Django experience.
- Integrate using different databases including MySQL, PostgreSQL, and MongoDB.
- Strong database development, including the creation of queries, stored procedures, views, tables, and schemas, as part of a web application.
- Experience consuming RESTful APIs.
- Experience working with AWS and/or Microsoft Azure is a plus, particularly in relation to ETL, data warehousing, and data exchange.
- Also, they have an internal Recruiter, working on these jobs now.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed