Tech Talent Link
Compensation: 100000.0 USD – 105000.0 USD / Year
**We are unable to work with 3rd-party or corp-to-corp candidates for this position***
Our client will be hiring a Facilities Engineer to provide technical support for reliable facilities systems services to manufacturing, quality, maintenance, and process technology, through sustaining and project engineering.
This position is onsite in NW Portland, working with a team of Engineers and Technicians.
- Decide on modifications for facilities systems, develop corrective action plans for all potential situations that could adversely affect the facilities and the safe operation or maintenance of the facilities. This includes regular monitoring and inspection of the facilities systems to determine maintenance and replacement requirements.
- Plan, control and execute engineering and preventative maintenance program and projects within the facilities area according with acceptable engineering practices.
- Decide on equipment alternatives, evaluate vendor data for equipment and vendor selection. Decide on design and construction milestones and manage those schedules.
- Evaluate construction and design documents and determine acceptability.
- Ownership and control of specification and drawings for the assigned facilities systems. Modify the systems as necessary to improve the process, reliability and sustaining cost reductions.
- Establish and maintain good working relationship with all suppliers and vendors and with production and internal decision makers along with maintenance and facilities personnel in order to facilitate problem resolution on the assigned facilities systems.
- Monitor usage of each assigned facilities system and report to main cost centers. Report abnormal trends to user groups. Provide necessary data for budget and cost control processes.
- Monitor, audit and inspection of the assigned facilities systems.
- Act as the Project Engineer / Manager for capital projects associated with the assigned facilities system and other areas as assigned. Responsibilities include cost estimation, cost control, design, detail scope of work, construction management, report writing and forecasting.
- Serve as technical specialist and consultant for the organization in the application of new methods, technologies and solution to problems of exceptional difficulty and marked importance to the company. Investigate outage issues within the facilities and be the point of contact with our utility provider.
- Plan, control and execute engineering projects.
- Prepare project specifications and scope of work for consultants and contractors.
- Select vendors, consultants, and contractors.
- Control projects’ cost, schedules and quality. Preventative maintenance instructions.
- BS degree in Engineering (Mechanical or Chemical Engineer preferred).
- 2 years of experience as a Facilities Engineer with knowledge of facilities and building management systems.
- Familiar with 480 VAC, three (3) phase and lower industrial electrical systems.
- Working knowledge of 4-20 mA loop control and 0-10V PID controls systems with emphasis of facilities related PLC’s and the use in building fire and facilities life safety systems that support process and manufacturing including chemical and gas systems. Exposure to Simplex, VESDA, VERTEX, Siger, Midas and GE Cimplicity systems preferred.
- Experience in a manufacturing production environment.
- Plant engineering experience required.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office. Skills with ACAD and other engineering specific software applications. Skills with SAP also desirable.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed