Tech Talent Link
Our client will be hiring an Environmental Health and Safety Manager (EHS) to support in the development and management of world class EHS processes for Service operations. Reporting to the VP of Global Service, this role will staff, manage, develop, and report on the EHS systems and processes specifically related to Global Service operations for utility sized Battery Energy Storage Systems (BESS).
The EHS function is considered one of the most critical functions in the execution of Service operations projects. The selected candidate will have a passion for safety and possess the energy and ability to inspire safety throughout all levels of the Service organization and with customers and vendors.
- Own and develop the overall Environmental, Health and Safety strategy for Service operations, including supporting the vendor network.
- Initiate and lead programs in collaboration with other internal disciplines to create a sustainable best in class safety culture.
- Communicate, motivate, and engage people at all levels and in all roles regarding safety culture, practices, and procedures.
- Develop and conduct safety trainings on a variety of topics related to safety, initiatives, and awareness.
- Implement and continuously improve safety processes and procedures aligned to ISO and OSHA standards (or other applicable standards globally).
- Quickly implement and transition safety indicators from reactive to predictive systems, driving TRIR and LTRIR to best in industry standards (target zero).
- Conduct or oversee the investigation of work-related incidents and ensure thorough analysis and corrective actions are recommended and implemented.
- Establish safety oversight committee, escalation paths, and set up and run regular safety reviews to ensure management compliance with statutory obligations and visibility of all safety related matters that affect the organization.
- Proactively identify non-compliance issues and work with team to recommend/implement corrective actions on potential health, safety and environmental hazards.
- Maintain a system of record for safety initiatives and conduct statutory reporting requirements for Service operations.
- Collaborate with industry stakeholders and represent the company in industry forums for the development of best practices and standards for Energy Storage.
- Comply with all EHS/QA policies, practices and procedures, intervene to correct, and report all unsafe activities to management.
- Participate in setting goals and contributing to proactive team efforts to achieve Service department and company goals.
- Contribute to building a positive team spirit and infusing energy and fun into the service organization.
- Protect confidential information by not communicating, disclosing to, or using for benefit of other parties. Maintain the highest degree of honesty and integrity at all times.
- Travel (up to 50%) domestically and internationally.
- 5 years of experience as an EHS Manager
- Knowledge of EHS, Field Service, Project Management execution and/or Service, with SCM/ Manufacturing/Industrial background: ability to understand EHS systems and standards, as established by industry codes and standards.
- Bachelor of Science degree in EHS, Engineering, Quality Management, or Project Management
- Knowledge of database, project management, spreadsheet and word processing software, electronic mail, graphics, technical diagrams, flow charts, etc.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed