Tech Talent Link
Compensation: 40.0 USD – 50.0 USD / Hour
***We are unable to work with 3rd-party or corp-to-corp candidates for this position***
Our client will be hiring an Engineering Technician with soldering skills in Beaverton, OR. This role will debug modules down to the component level, assist the test and product engineering teams. Ability to lift up to 50lbs is important.
This position will join the Product Engineering team that designs modules for digital wireless audio (DWA). Expect to work with 2 hardware engineers and 4 design engineers (focused on product). There are 2 other Engineering Technicians in the design group, this is the only Technician in Quality & Reliability.
Report to the Director of Quality & Reliability. This position is 100% onsite in Beaverton, OR.
Contract to hire is the intent; expect to figure that out within a few months.
How does this role add the most value in the first couple months?
We have a continuous flow of customers returns. This position will analyze, troubleshoot and resolve issues. Refurbish if needed.
- Work on State-of-the-Art Digital Wireless Audio products.
- Circuit schematic interpretation and physical PCB evaluation.
- Enable, test, debug, and repair of digital, analog, and RF circuits down to component level.
- Support Product Development engineering in the areas of wireless audio module & system testing, system certifications, debugging, verification and validation utilizing various types of electronic measurement equipment including: oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, I/V meters and RF analyzers.
- Light mechanical proficiency to support wireless audio evaluation kit and systems assembly.
- Performing automated, semi-automated and manual test processes on integrated circuits and circuit assemblies to ensure structural, electrical and functional quality levels.
- Provide ongoing yield tracking, failure mode and status reporting of non-conforming material.
- Support failure analysis of customer returns.
- Update firmware.
- 3+ years of experience performing advanced levels of circuit board/systems test, failure analysis and repair.
- Must know how to troubleshoot analog, digital and RF circuits.
- Work with lab equipment: o-scopes, meters, spectrum analyzers, RF measurement tools.
- Use PCB repair equipment, solder / de-solder / reflow tools.
- Proven background with Digital, Analog and RF, testing / modifying boards down to component level
- Experience with lab test equipment, including Spectrum Analyzers, Oscilloscopes and Power supplies.
- An Associate’s Degree in EET is preferred.
- PC Tools: MS Office, Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.
- Report writing, data gathering and tabulating proficiency.
- Familiarity with basic statistical test methodologies is a plus e.g. test limiting, test parameter distribution analysis and SPC.
- Background in audio.
- Interpret circuit schematics, relate schematics to physical PCB structure.
- Fault find failing PCB's to component level, recommend / implement root-cause fix to address issues.
- Fault find / repair electronic products and evaluation systems.
- Follow test procedures, contribute to test yield improvement initiatives.
- In-depth knowledge of test equipment (function, operation and inner workings)
- Expert ability to read test procedures, schematics, BOMs, AVLs, Spec Sheets and other technical documentation.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed