Tech Talent Link
As an End User Services (EUS) Engineer, you will be a part of the IS&T Core Services Team working in Service Management and a part of a diverse global team, both in geography and experience. The Service Management function is responsible for service support in accordance with customer SLAs and delivering a first-class IT service experience to colleagues across the organization.
As an EUS Engineer you will provide operational day-to-day support for the build and run operations for end user services, including local deskside support, collaboration with internal customers and third party vendors to deliver service to the Weir business meeting or exceeding agreed service levels.
- Delivery of defined end user services (EUS) to support the business to agreed service levels and in collaboration with vendors where applicable while maintain a polite and courteous manner
- Strive to excel by meeting or exceeding the Service Level Objectives.
- Job logging and recording all calls and related activity in IT Service Management tool, ServiceNow.
- Provide installation, configuration, delivery, maintenance and monitoring of EUS hardware, components and services, in accordance with defined roadmaps, strategies, policies and standards
- Liaise with internal stakeholders and vendors to manage maintenance planning and implementation (reactive and proactive) to minimize service disruption for EUS
- Deliver EUS infrastructure development / build activities (managed by Project Managers), including release and deployment management for new services
- Follow, Create and maintain operational and procedural documentation and escalation processes to ensure adherence to EUS SLAs
- Manage the technical resolution of assigned EUS problems, incidents, issues and emergencies with third party vendors, and liaise with Service Managers to ensure stakeholders are kept informed of incident status
- Manage 4 th level support escalations (to Original Equipment Manufacturer)
- Ensure EUS problems and resolutions are documented for future reference
- Work as a member of the wider IS&T team while collaborating with business users to develop and deploy EUS features
- Work within tight timelines with awareness of impacts on the organization
- Minimum 2 years working in a level 2 role
- Tertiary IT qualifications, industry certifications and/or relevant work experience in a Level 2 IT support environment within a medium to large organization.
- Experience in maintaining and remediating EUS services and seeking opportunities to improve EUS operations
- Experienced of working with dispersed teams across geographically and culturally diverse locations
- Considerable technical knowledge and experience in multiple aspects of EUS
- Technical experience across Windows 10, Microsoft 365, Microsoft SCCM/Intune, Active Directory and solid hardware knowledge across laptops, PCs, mobile devices, and other equipment.
- Demonstrated experience in contributing to process improvement and efficiencies.
- Technical credibility and independent judgment and decision-making experience on EUS matters
- Ability to overcome challenges in remote working such as overseas locations, cultural differences, split time-zones to ensure positive interactions
- Drive and enthusiasm
- Excellent communication and customer facing skills with the ability to discuss technical content in an everyday relatable way
- Detail orientated when managing IT incidents and requests capturing clear and concise details.
- Analytical mind-set with personable disposition.
- Strives for resolution on first contact.
- Strong time management skills and an ability to prioritize and work without direct supervision
- Able to contribute to strategic debates, helping to identify and address future opportunities and challenges
- Experience in other relevant EUS technologies:
- PC Image definition and build
- Application packaging and deployment
- Experience of working in Manufacturing, Mining or major corporation with complex IT environments
- Experience of working in a complex highly federated organization
- ITIL Foundations Certification
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed