Tech Talent Link
Our client will be hiring an Electrical Power Engineer with high voltage AC/DC wiring and system design to support our large and small scale battery energy storage products and installation.
This company has grown from 40 employees to almost 100 in the past 12 months!
Create engineering design and validation requirements from internally generated product requirements. Provide design guidance and requirements while working collaboratively with a team of mechanical, electrical, and electronic engineers both locally and in China on the development of and supporting large-scale battery energy storage systems.
- Develop electrical product specifications and test plans for large scale battery electric storage assemblies
- Manage and review design package creation for customer specific drawings working with applications and sales engineering
- Perform or coordinate DC Short Circuit system analysis
- Perform or coordinate Arc Flash studies
- Utilize remote design teams in China to create electrical design deliverables and perform electrical testing ensuring compliance to NEC70 and other applicable standards and guidance
- Lead electrical safety reviews including FMEA, FTA, and hazards analysis as necessary
- Support certification efforts with documentation and technical support
- Design DC wiring and power distribution up to 1500 Volts
- Design AC wiring and distribution for battery and enclosure equipment
- Work with multiple power conversion vendors to ensure 3 phase AC power distribution interfacing
- Low voltage control wiring design
- Generate electrical designs using CAD software
- 5+ years of experience as an Electrical Power Engineer with high voltage AC/DC wiring and system design
- Knowledge of NFPA, NEMA, UL, CSA, IEC, EN
- Proficient with CAD software, AutoCAD
- A strong understanding of power grid operation and experience with power conversion system integration is preferred.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed