Tech Talent Link
Our healthcare client will be hiring a Director of Software Engineering to manage all aspects of software product development for an impressive Technical team of about 15.
Products include medication automated dispensing cabinets, fleet management software for point-of-care products and pharmacy automation solutions. The team consists of C# software engineers (8-9) and test engineers (2-3) specializing in enterprise development, Web and Windows clients and cloud-based management, Tech Support, and Electrical Engineers (2-3). Everyday tasks are to push new product development, maintain current product and ensure continued security, uptime, and performance.
This position is full time in Portland, Oregon. On-site work and remote flexibility is expected for this position.
***We are unable to work with 3rd party or corp-to-corp candidates for this position***
- Drive activities of dynamic software teams to develop and support cloud-based and client server products utilizing agile methodologies.
- Facilitate communication upward and across project teams including project status, justifications for variances and technical information (architecture, design, and implementation objectives).
- Hold appropriate milestone meetings for review and approval.
- Ensure product and architecture is maintainable and extendible to accommodate future developments.
- Ensure QA test plans meet requirements.
- Manage personnel activities of direct reports (mentoring, development, performance evaluation, discipline, etc.).
- Manage development of user interfaces using modern development tools (Angular, WPF,.NET, C#, Web API, SQL, etc.).
- Work with product managers and team members to develop product specifications.
- Manage UI projects, including software specification, UI design, and testing/approval.
- Manage direct application testing including basic validation and regression testing.
- Work closely with Hardware Engineering to meet and beat development schedules and budgets.
- Maintain the highest degree of confidentiality and integrity.
- Cooperatively provides hands-on job function training to co-workers as needed.
- Must understand and comply with Safety, 5S, ISO, and other corporate programs, initiatives and procedures.
- 10+ years of professional experience in Software development.
- 5+ years of managing high performing software engineering teams (5+ developers)
- Experience communicating with executive leadership teams as a Director or VP of Engineering.
- Healthcare industry knowledge
- PCI or HIPAA Compliance knowledge
- Hardware knowledge
- Previous full stack .NET development experience
- BS in Computer Science, MBA
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed