Tech Talent Link
This position will primarily be responsible for providing technical support for 2 SIEM products used by the company and our customers. Our SIEM solutions are implemented via Splunk or ELK (ElasticSearch, LogStash, Kibana).
With this opening, we are seeking a motivated engineer to continue to build up our ELK implementation and to cross train on our Splunk implementation. Successful candidates need to possess expert level hands-on solution building and operating ELK for log ingestion and analysis.
- Primary subject matter expert on ELK for log ingestion and analysis
- Perform upgrades and maintenance of ELK deployments in AWS
- Develop ELK and Splunk stacks using infrastructure as code
- Work with our Security Operations team to develop and maintain search queries based on available data
- Understanding of security requirements, particularly as it applies to compliance standards
- 3+ years experience with ELK for log ingestion and analysis in production environments
- 2+ years experience with security monitoring activities; thread hunting, detection, incident response, etc.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Deep knowledge of Linux distros: deployment, management, and security
- Understanding of security data and controls
- Strong understanding of DevOps and Agile methodologies
- Strong understanding of git, branching, and merge requests
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Ability to work directly with clients, troubleshoot issues, and work toward a solution
Other Beneficial Skills
- Infrastructure as code experience, preferably with Terraform
- Configuration as code experience, preferably with Ansible
- Experience with Azure DevOps, CI/CD Pipelines, Jira and the Atlassian stack
- AWS or Azure Certification (DevOps, Solutions Architect, etc.)
Benefits of this position include:
- Competitive compensation package, including stock options.
- Four weeks of PTO per year with rollover allowance
- Eleven paid holidays
- We offer competitive health benefits including medical, dental, vision, FSA/HSA, EAP, life insurance and disability benefits.
- 401K retirement plan, up to 4% matching after 3 months of service.
- Professional development reimbursement program.
- Internet Subsidy
- Fully remote position (USA)
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed