Tech Talent Link
Compensation: 130000.0 USD – 0.0 USD / Year
***We are unable to work with 3rd-party or corp-to-corp candidates for this position***
The total number of known medium-, critical, and high-risk firmware vulnerabilities tracked by our company has more than quadrupled in less than five years. We are a private company in growth mode while developing new products to address these challenges.
We are seeking a Senior Database engineer to implement a remote management system that can pass/receive commands and data to/from client devices.
Location: Hybrid on/off site in Beaverton, OR
- Maintaining and enhancing the functionality and performance of existing database programs.
- Monitoring and enhancing databases and related systems to optimize performance.
- Proactively addressing scalability and performance issues.
- Ensuring data quality and integrity while supporting large data sets.
- Debugging and resolving database reliability, integrity, and efficiency.
- Documenting processes related to the design, configuration, and deployment to new instances.
- Collaborate with Product, Engineering and Data Science to ensure data quality and integrity for data reporting, exploration, and analysis.
- Follow agile development methodologies to deliver solutions and product features by following DevOps practices.
Knowledge & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field with at least 7+ years of experience.
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience in database engineering.
- Expert with relational database design, data modeling, table creation and management.
- Expert in SQL queries, knowledge of DWH concepts and ETL development.
- Excellent written, verbal, and inter-personal and stakeholder communication skills.
- Ability to work with cross functional teams from multiple regions/ time zones by effectively leveraging multi-form communication (Email, MS Teams for voice and chat, meetings)
- Excellent prioritization and problem-solving skills
- Git/Github for source control
- Big data (Hadoop, Map/Reduce, Python) skills
- Transactional database design
- PostgreSQL – we need deep knowledge – i.e., considerable hands-on time, a knowledge of the internals and architecture, familiarity with the system catalogs, a command of best practices (Especially with respect to security), monitoring and control, error handling, PSQL/command line expertise, etc
- Experience with agile development methodologies by following DevOps, Data Ops and Dev Sec Ops practices.
- Experience with tools like Tableau, Domo and Power BI as visualization tools
- Experience using AWS services in a big data platform.
- Experience building cloud solutions using AWS or Azure as data lake backend sources.
- Linux sysadmin
- Data warehousing design
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed