Tech Talent Link
Our client will be hiring a mid-sr level Data Engineer with strong Backend development and experience creating data ETL pipelines!
This position will be the first Data-focused position on the team, you’ll work with the CTO to drive data improvement projects, manage data pipelines, and find ways to best put the data to good use.
**We are not able to use 3rd parties or Corp to Corp candidates**
The team values patience and empathy in product planning, support, and day-to-day relations.
Work well both collaboratively and independently — come together to pair on tricky problems and architecture, then dive deep on individual tasks.
Be ready to learn and share knowledge — Everyone comes to the company with their own set of skills and experiences. Cross-training, code review, mentorship, and curiosity all help us build better products.
- Evolve and maintain data processing pipelines, combining public, private, and user-contributed data
- Use natural language processing to extract relevant highlights and amenity information from review text
- Coordinate manual data review and improvement projects using internal staff, community crowdsourcing, or mechanical turk
- Make use of photo geotags and computer vision (via Amazon Rekognition / GCP Vision AI) to infer information.
- Improve techniques for matching and deduplication between multiple data sources
- 4+ years of experience in data engineering
- Strong backend programming skills (Python preferred)
- Experience creating data ETL pipelines
- Intermediate experience with SQL and relational schema design
- Advanced degree in math, statistics, computer science, information science
- Experience working with geospatial datasets and GIS analysis
- Experience applying machine learning techniques to real world problems
- Familiarity with Elasticsearch
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed