Tech Talent Link
Compensation: 80000.0 USD – 115000.0 USD / Year
***We are unable to work with 3rd-party or corp-to-corp candidates for this position***
Our manufacturing client will be hiring a Controls Engineer to join a team that include 3 Engineers. This role will provide technical support for reliable facilities systems services to manufacturing, quality, maintenance, and process technology, through sustaining and project engineering.
The Controls Engineer will be responsible for sustaining and improving the controls systems that support the facilities equipment. This includes PLC's and Networking systems (Johnson Controls Metasys).
**Expect to work 100% onsite in NW Portland 5 days per week, start time is flexible.**
- Decide on modifications for facilities systems, develop corrective action plans for all potential situations that could adversely affect the facilities and the safe operation or maintenance of the facilities. This includes regular monitoring and inspection of the facilities systems to determine maintenance and replacement requirements.
- Plan, control and execute engineering and preventative maintenance program and projects within the facilities area according with acceptable engineering practices.
- Decide on equipment alternatives, evaluate vendor data for equipment and vendor selection. Decide on design and construction milestones and manage those schedules.
- Evaluate construction and design documents and determine acceptability.
- Ownership and control of specification and drawings for the assigned facilities systems. Modify the systems as necessary to improve the process, reliability and sustaining cost reductions.
- Establish and maintain good working relationship with all suppliers and vendors and with production and process decision makers within the organization along with maintenance and facilities personnel in order to facilitate problem resolution on the assigned facilities systems.
- Monitor usage of each assigned facilities system and report to main cost centers. Report abnormal trends to user groups. Provide necessary data for budget and cost control processes.
- Monitor, audit and inspection of the assigned facilities systems.
- Act as the Project Engineer / Manager for capital projects associated with the assigned facilities system and other areas. Responsibilities include cost estimation, cost control, design, detail scope of work, construction management, report writing and forecasting.
- Serve as technical specialist and consultant for the organization in the application of new methods, technologies and solution to problems of exceptional difficulty and marked importance to the company. Investigate outage issues within the facilities and be the point of contact with our utility provider.
- Plan, control and execute engineering projects.
- Prepare project proposals and requests for funding.
- Prepare project specifications and scope of work for consultants and contractors.
- Select vendors, consultants, and contractors.
- Control projects’ cost, schedules and quality. Preventative maintenance instructions.
- Perform exact engineering calculations and analyze run data.
- Review vendor products.
- Maintain catalog library.
- 2 years of experience as a Controls Engineer.
- PLC and Controls Networking knowledge.
- Familiar with 480 VAC, three (3) phase and lower industrial electrical systems.
- Working knowledge of 4-20 mA loop control and 0-10V PID controls systems with emphasis of facilities related PLC’s and the use in building fire and facilities life safety systems that support process and manufacturing including chemical and gas systems.
- Experience in a manufacturing production environment.
- Electrical distributions.
- Johnson Controls Metasys
- Microsoft Office. ACAD knowledge and other engineering software applications.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering, Electrical, Mechanical or Chemical Engineer preferred. Graduation from an accredited school of engineering.
- Project management skills desirable.
- Ability to work well with others, facilitate work groups, control and document work session and meetings.
- Ability to deal with administrative as well as technical tasks.
- Occasional work required in hazardous areas involving potentially dangerous electrical power, chemicals, and stored energy.
- Exposure to Simplex, VESDA, VERTEX, Siger, Midas and GE Cimplicity systems preferred.
- Skills with SAP also desirable.
- Plant engineering experience.
- Product Management
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed