Tech Talent Link
Compensation: 80000.0 USD – 90000.0 USD / Year
***We are unable to work with 3rd-party or corp-to-corp candidates for this position***
Our client will be hiring a full time Controls Engineer with experience programming PLC systems in an industrial environment.
The primary focus is to assist in engineering and developing Industrial PLC control systems. The client specializes in creating controls systems for new and existing machines within the saw mill industry.
The Controls Engineer will assist in project conceptual designs, detail engineering, procurement, construction, and pre-operational testing as well as commissioning and onsite start up. The company offers a comprehensive benefits package and the stability of working for a well-respected organization.
- Troubleshoot existing machine control systems.
- Write ladder logic programs to control highly mechanical machines.
- Write HMI programs for interfacing between PLC and operators.
- Create and maintain system PLC manuals.
- Interface and communicate with vendors, customers, software engineering, installation contractors and project management.
- Design control systems for new projects.
- Develop and engineer electrical schematics, wiring diagrams and PLC logic.
- Installation of systems at mills. This includes terminating wires in system cabinets, calibrating the system, testing the system, and updating the PLC and HMI code from issues that arise during the installation.
- Expect to travel approximately 20-30% across the U.S.
- 3+ years of programming PLC systems in an industrial environment
- Proficient in ladder logic form of programming and HMI programming. Client uses both Automation Direct Productivity and Allen Bradly PLCs.
- Experience with industrial motion controls.
- Knowledge or experience within the Forest Products Control system industry
- Ability to troubleshoot electro-mechanical systems in test and operational environments.
- Experience with hydraulic or electric closed loop servo controls
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed