Tech Talent Link
***We are unable to work with 3rd-party or corp-to-corp candidates for this position***
***This position is 100% remote***
We are seeking contractor services for service engagement to enable the company to ramp up the Cloud Adoption on Azure as the primary cloud service providers. The effort will support several projects that are ready to kick off.
The cloud architect will work with Enterprise Architecture, Infrastructure, Security and Enterprise Application establishing an architecture framework for designing solutions that will exist in Azure IaaS and PaaS environments and integrating SaaS Solutions into the company applications infrastructure. The cloud architect will use the existing cloud architecture framework to refine it and right size it for current and anticipated needs. This role will be forward focused to set up the foundation that will transformation business through technology enablement to increased business agility.
- The Enterprise Cloud Architect should have hands-on experience in architecting, designing, and implementing of Microsoft Azure cloud services for deployment of business solutions.
- The architect will comprehend the company cloud roadmap, deployed cloud solutions, upcoming major cloud-based initiatives and lead the implementation of the architecture framework for Azure cloud services in a comprehensive manner. This will require understanding the specific stack of services including 3rd party (e.g. Microsoft 365, SAP S4/Hana) and define the framework that is in alignment with cloud goals, principles, and operating model.
- As part of the above scope, the architect will utilize the architecture recommendations from the Enterprise Cloud Strategy, Microsoft 365 architecture and roadmap project, S4/Hana Horizon Cloud Solution Architecture other completed projects, projects in the pipeline and other relevant solutions to refine and establish the cloud architecture framework and harden the cloud foundation. Few key activities are called out below and the list will be expanded based on the scope defined:
- Gap analysis between company cloud solutions and current Azure Environment
- Analyze existing agency cloud policy and strategy
- Produce Cloud Resource Templates, Policies and Governance Plans
- Lead establishment of cloud governance model
- Architect will work closely with the key players and stakeholders who will be part of the cloud operating model, community of practice and cloud enablement team.
- Should also have experience in cloud security/governance including subscription design, resource groups, and RBAC policies.
- Company cloud architecture framework with architectural principles, guidelines, reference architectures and standards.
- Lead establishment of Cloud Governance framework in alignment with the Enterprise Technical Governance framework.
- Contribute to the assessment of on-Premises capabilities and extending them into Azure or augmenting Azure to meet requirements.
- Assist in cloud product selection process and gap analysis
- Assessment of Identity and Access Management policy
- Just In time process
- Privilege identity Management
- Onboarding and off boarding process
- Actionable framework to modernize application to be cloud ready.
- Develop draft standards
- Including stakeholder discussions
Anticipated Scope and Timeline for: 6 to 12 months
- 5+ years of experience of implementing enterprise class cloud solutions include Microsoft suite of services and other 3rd party services (SAP solutions, Customer facing solutions…) preferably in Azure.
- Extensive experience in taking the organizations through the cloud journey and understanding the cloud best practices suited for organizations.
- Deep analytical skills
- Deep planning and organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including collaboration, facilitation, and negotiation
- Ability to lead work effort with little day to day supervision. Ability to work through ambiguity and escalate issues to maintain project momentum
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed