Tech Talent Link
Compensation: 110000.0 USD – 140000.0 USD / Year
Phoenix Technologies is one of the world’s most experienced platform firmware security companies. We were the first company to develop a BIOS that was compatible with the IBM PC clone in the 1970s. And the rest is history. Today, we serve global customers from offices in the United States, Taiwan, and Japan.
The total number of known medium-, high-, and critical-risk firmware vulnerabilities tracked by Phoenix has more than quadrupled in less than five years. We are a private company in growth mode while developing new products to address these challenges.
We need an Arm Developer experienced with various boot solutions, BSP, file systems and operating system’s drivers to design and implement an embedded firmware platform solution for various types of Arm-based systems. The firmware platform will need to include a boot solution for booting to an OS integrated into the same storage medium as the system firmware. And the solution also needs to offer firmware-based operating system APIs for customers to develop their own applications for specific markets. The ultimate goal will be replacement of an existing open-source boot solution, such as U-Boot or CoreBoot, with a Phoenix ArmCore/PhoenixBoot solution as part of an SDK.
Design, develop, debug and support silicon and design-related hardware and software features for Arm devices, Linux, and other operating systems commonly used by Arm based systems. Work closely with team members to develop support for Arm SoCs and products, working with vendor SDKs and proprietary code development platforms.
• Power on new silicon products
• Develop extensions to existing open source bootloader (ex. U-Boot/CoreBoot) solutions
• Develop security wrapper for traditional U-Boot/CoreBoot solutions without Arm TrustedFirmware and Secure Boot support
• Design UEFI system solutions for reduced platform Arm products
• Integrate silicon reference code into the Phoenix UEFI firmware code when available
• Integrate a simplified version of Linux OS as part of firmware
• Create BSP/driver for new devices
• Create APIs for customer to deploy their value-added application
• Debug hardware and firmware issues
• Support bug and security fixes through a product’s lifecycle
• Develop original code and solutions for customization and value-add features
• Work closely with internal engineers from silicon, core, QA and customer teams
• Work closely with silicon vendor for problem analysis and resolution
• Having UEFI working experience at least 2+ years as a requirement
• 3+ years in a platform firmware development position
• Hand-on experience on Arm Trusted Firmware (or Trusted Firmware for A-profile), real code development experience on TrustZone will be a big plus.
• BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent, or 5+ years in firmware or software development
• Working knowledge of ARM Cortex A processors
• Experience with Windows or Linux operating system kernel and/or driver development
• Ability to read and understand motherboard schematics
• Proficiency in C (Rust and C++ desirable)
• Strong debugging skills
• Must work well both with a team and independently
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed